Candy Christmas Trees
I got this idea from No Time For Flash Cards. We used sugar cones, cream cheese frosting (colored green)and mini M&Ms. A1 really enjoyed doing this after she accepted that she needed to make the Christmas Tree before eating it.
![]() |
| Adding frosting to make the 'tree' green. |
![]() |
| Putting the ornaments (M&Ms) on. |
![]() |
| The finished product |
Marshmallow Snowman
This idea also came from No Time For Flash Cards.
As a fine motor activity, we made a snowman out of marshmallows. I drew a snowman on paper and then went over the outline with glue. Then she put the marshmallows on, as closely together as she could.
This worked really well since I don't think she realized that marshmallows were food until I told her after she was done! Otherwise, I think she would have been eating them instead of working on the project. After reading some other blogs, I'm not sure that I'll use glue next time. Instead, I may have her bite the marshmallows in half to make them stick to the paper.
Gift Wrap Tree & Presents
This idea was from (you guessed it) No Time For Flash Cards. I used three different types of gift wrap and cut out Christmas Trees and gifts (just squares) out of each. Then she glued the gifts under the matching tree. She did well with this activity but was a little bored with it.
Playing with Snow
![]() |
| A1, A2, and L (our babysitter's son) enjoyed playing with snow in our kitchen. We've gotten quite a lot of snow so far this winter |








No comments:
Post a Comment