A1 loves to match things and she enjoys the memory games on Starfall.com, but when we try to play Memory at home, she gets confused about the rules and wants to flip over several cards at once until she finds a match. Then she just gets crazy and seems to forget the point of the game at all. However she seems to get bored with simply matching them when they're laid out on the table or floor.
To avoid this, we've been coming up with different ways to play with the memory cards. Currently her favorite way is for me to lay half of the cards out on the couches in our living room, while I hold the other half of the cards (the matches)while sitting in the dining room. Then, I hold a card up and say, "find me a card like this." She then runs to the living room in order to find the match. She really enjoys this version. I like it because it does use her memory skills and she also gets a bit of physical activity in the process.
We've been using dog & cat matching cards (that I made myself using pictures I found in a Google Images search), mitten matching cards, and playing cards. Since she loves this activity so much, I'll probably print out a new set every couple of weeks or so, depending upon what we're talking about.
No comments:
Post a Comment